- Impressive inventory of high-grade & aesthetically-pleasing solid surfaces
- Durable and stain and fire-resistant interior finishing
- Seamless integration to your home & office designs
- Excellent value for money
Call us now and get a free quote!
GET PRICING NOW
Granite is both beautiful and durable. It has become the countertop of choice by professional interior designers and architects for commercial flooring projects. However, for homeowners it is rather a bit pricey compared to other surfacing materials so it needs to have a proper care and maintenance to safeguard your investment.
Usually, granite requires less maintenance due to its solidity, diamond-like hardness and it surfaces resistance to soiling. Granite is practically impervious to abrasions, stains and heat. Like all other natural stonework, granite is best cleaned using warm water and a mild detergent on a regular basis to ensure product’s durability and natural beauty.
Granite is a natural stone, but it is not self-cleaning. The best way to help avoid direct dirt and stains is to treat the stone surface with a protected sealer. If left unsealed, spills and daily messes will easily penetrate the surface. The sealer fills the pores and prevents spill to go directly on the surface, allowing the owner to totally wipe it away. Once sealed correctly, cleanup can be usually easy.
A Few Things to Remember:
- If a spill occurs, clean it up immediately before it has a chance to penetrate the surface.
- Use trivets or mats under hot pots any heat causing appliances.
- Granite is somewhat absorbent and it is more prone to staining by oil and acid.
- Clean your granite countertop with a neutral cleaner or a soft clean cloth. Disinfectant cleaner is made specifically for granite. With the great popularity of granite countertops, these are available in the market.
- Regular use of harsh cleaning chemicals on your countertop will strip the seal and leave the absorbent surface of the granite exposed to spills.
- Call your stone dealer for reliable suggestions on care, maintenance and cleaning.